Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Pocatinkas Barefoot

So I've been researching my American roots. I'm half Polish on my mothers side, but my dad's side is a mix of Scotch-Irish, English, Cherokee and who knows what else. So I'm trying to establish what percentage of true American Indian I have in me. I think it's awesome to consider that some of my blood goes way back to long before America was a nation. Now I'm on the hunt to find out just exactly what my other 50% is made of. I've always just considered myself Polish because my moms family is so close knit... We are a true big happy Polish family and I'm so glad that was made to be important. My dads side never really stressed any particular thing. I used to think they just didn't care. Now maybe I think it's just that the Dexters were here from so far back that they just always considered themselves American. I've always been interested in my family tree but never took the time to really get it all down on paper. The search begins.

No comments: